Original Helena Streetcar
BACK
Original Helena Streetcar
38 S Last Chance Gulch St, Helena, MT

With the arrival of the Northern Pacific in 1883, Joseph O’Neill began a taxi service using horse-drawn trolleys like this one. For ten cents, passengers rode brightly painted trolleys between the Northern Pacific Depot, a mile to the northeast, and downtown. Great Falls legislator Charles Bovey and his wife, Sue, were great collectors of Montana’s early treasures and spent a fortune buying, restoring, and replicating buildings in Virginia City and Nevada City, Montana. The Boveys donated the trolley to the people of Helena.

Amenities

Statues, Installations & Sites
Arts & Culture
Historic Sites & Attractions
Tours
Guided Tours
Attractions