Helena has a perfect day for everyone. For history buffs, take the tour train through Helena’s historic Last Chance Gulch and admire the mansion district once home to Helena’s gold mining millionaires. Adrenaline junkies will be satisfied running or biking through our 75 miles of trails or rafting the mighty Missouri River on a hot summer day. For those seeking solitude, spend a peaceful day fly-fishing and top it off with your favorite craft beer at a local brewery. Helena, like life, is whatever you make it.
10 Helena Fun Facts
- Helena was declared Montana’s state capital in 1875
- Helena is a Continental Divide Trail Gateway Community
- Helena has one of the largest city parks systems in the US—combined 1,000 acres
- Home to internationally renowned ceramics institution, the Archie Bray
- Home to the largest Charlie M. Russell collection in the world
- Named a Silver-level Ride Center by the International Mountain Bike Association
- The Missouri River is a Blue Ribbon Trout Area
- Home to two Montana Audubon Society birding areas
- Perfect mid-way point between Yellowstone National Park and Glacier National Park.
- Awarded “Best for Geocaching” title by Rand McNally & Geocaching.com